is to find a putter that fits your style of play. Now I traditionally have put two different ways. Float putting and straight on putting. Those are two opposites and there are different forms of putting in between that encompass a variety of both. Putters like the Pole Cat and the Birdie are great for float putting. They honestly look like oversized Pringle can lids. They are very slow and straight putters. Ideal for float putting. However, if too much speed is put on them, they have a tendency to turn. If you putt with a lot of power, this may not be ideal for you. A better putter would be an Avair or a Rhyno. These are more overstable putters that require more power to be put on them for more accurate putting. The Aero is an interesting putter. It has a massive amount of glide and very little fade. This is good for longer putts that require a straight on finish to the hole. Beware: if you power this disc and miss the basket, it will keep going enough to frustrate the best of us. The Avair Driver is my favorite putter. This is like an Avair but can handle more power on a drive. Also I got my first hole and one with one of these. This disc is good for a float putt with a lot of spin and a moderate amount of power. Good putts with this disc look like they bounce out of your hand and into the basket
Some players prefer to use a gummy putter. The gummier putters like to "grab" the chains. Well, they are suppose to. In my experience using them, they do not work any better at staying in the basket than other putters. They are really flexible and cool however, and tend to have more durability because they can absorb more force on impact. The putter I currently use is the Aviar Driver. Yes it is a putter even though it has Driver in the name. That putter actually was my first hole in one 210 feet. Yes I drove with the putter... Anyway the putter has a big bead or large rim. It is rather stiff and not gummy at all. However I tend to get this one to stick into the basket better than any other gummy putter. I found the putter that is right for me:)